• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 Win Mag long range

Heck My 2160 shot was made with a Bushnell XRS. There's plenty of good glass out there that fits everybody's budget. I will doing some reviews on a few in the near future
Yep. I'll be shooting everything from Nightforces to Nikon Monarchs to a $200 Weaver KASPA at CMP Saturday and anticipate no problems with any of them.

Realistically my point was if your not willing to spend the money on the glass there is no point in getting to reloading it's very expensive and time consuming.. if you want to shoot like balls and run weak glass what's the point in spending a week making 100 rounds to maybe see impacts at distance..

Realistically my point was if your not willing to spend the money on the glass there is no point in getting to reloading it's very expensive and time consuming.. if you want to shoot like balls and run weak glass what's the point in spending a week making 100 rounds to maybe see impacts at distance..
I'm a true believer in good glass, but with the advancements that have been made in the top end products there has also been a lot of trickle down to less expensive stuff, so not being able to spend thousands of dollars on a scope is no longer a barrier to getting into long range shooting.

As an example, at one time the Leupold Vari-X III was considered top of the line. Today's equivalent of that scope is the VX-II. (A very moderately prices optic) There are a lot of people that did some serious world class shooting with the Vari-X III and the capabilities of that equipment is not diminished simply because there are much better options available today.

Back
Top Bottom