• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300bo conversion

First off, thx for the help and I am no gunsmith. I’ve pieced a couple together, but have no real experience tuning an AR.

I decided to convert an Aero 556 to 300, so I bought an upper and attached it. Haven’t shot it yet, but it will FTF simply Chambering supers every third or fourth round. The end result of what I’d like to do is to be able to run subs.

So the general question is, what sorts of Parts should I exchange out before I even shoot it to eliminate the basic issues first? Thx, SR
Shoot it. Manually cycling the BCG isn't going to be a reliable function test. Once you've got a few mags through it, see what's working and what isn't.

If you're going to eventually end up shooting subs, pressure is going to be your issue in a 16" barrel. I've seen some rifles run subs just fine, others ended up undergassed. It all depends on the set up. Like I said, shoot it before you throw money at it.

Are you going to run subs suppressed? Or just normal? I agree with what has been said, shoot it and see what happens.

unrelated, who’s your avatar pic?

I had a AAC complete upper that in 300 BO would not chamber properly hand cycling but did just fine at the range. Try it first.

First off, thx for the help and I am no gunsmith. I’ve pieced a couple together, but have no real experience tuning an AR.

I decided to convert an Aero 556 to 300, so I bought an upper and attached it. Haven’t shot it yet, but it will FTF simply Chambering supers every third or fourth round. The end result of what I’d like to do is to be able to run subs.

So the general question is, what sorts of Parts should I exchange out before I even shoot it to eliminate the basic issues first? Thx, SR

Oh I would love to have that experience ..never had it before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom