• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

.308 plinking - DAG Plastic Ammo?

zesty

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
not fully clean
67   0
Reaction score
Anyone ever use this stuff? I ordered a box on an impulse so I hope it works well, lol. I read a few reviews on other sites and it seems to work well in bolt guns for short range practice. I figure for $0.22/round it was worth a shot. It has what looks to be a normal case end but the rest of it is plastic. Supposedly they're used for military training in Germany.

These are accurate to 100 yards. They travel at 4400 FPS. 11 grain plastic projectile. These are not toys as they are lethal. Non Corrosive Berdan Primed. They are great for small game and target shooting. Made in Germany by Dynamit Nobel. Will not cycle in most semi autos. Just rack the slide each time and they feed from the magazine. However it is awesome for a bolt action rifle.

http://www.unammo.com/

762x51plastic.jpg

Bump...

Nobody interested in $0.22/round .308? Nobody even wants to make plastic ammo jokes?

I'm going to try and get out of the house at 8 tonight to test them at Bullseye tonight. If you're there, I'll be the guy shooting mini-dildos. Shouldn't be tough to spot ;)

I work with several Europeans and several of them were in the military in their home country. We took some of them to shoot regular guns like 12ga, .22, .40, .45 and they were amazed. They can't own guns and these plastic bullets were the only thing that they shot while in the military. It amazes me that some of the best guns come from countries where the citizens aren't even allowed to own them.

DUDE!
Half price sale...and I loves me some Wideners...
http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8699&dir=18|830|848
I have come THIS close to ordering it so many times...but I only have a Ruger American Rifle in .308...and should probably sell it....

Crap! LMAO, that is exactly what I bought.

Well, I shot 30 rounds tonight. It's pretty much as reported on other sites. Not great, but good for the money. It kicks like a .22 and puts holes where you point them. I had 2 duds out of 30, but that's actually better than the Atlanta Arms reloads I shot last week. It does not cycle like brass ammo. It didn't always eject after pulling the bolt back. It would stick a little when loading.

Basically, it's cheap plastic ammo. I love it!

That being said, if anyone wants some, let me know. I've got lots, lol.

Crap! LMAO, that is exactly what I bought.

Well, I shot 30 rounds tonight. It's pretty much as reported on other sites. Not great, but good for the money. It kicks like a .22 and puts holes where you point them. I had 2 duds out of 30, but that's actually better than the Atlanta Arms reloads I shot last week. It does not cycle like brass ammo. It didn't always eject after pulling the bolt back. It would stick a little when loading.

Basically, it's cheap plastic ammo. I love it!

That being said, if anyone wants some, let me know. I've got lots, lol.

Finally got mine today and they are pretty neat. No recoil but seemed to be loud as hell. Hard to beat the price if you like to shoot your .308s.

Back
Top Bottom