• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What a 308 does to a steel plate at 300 yards.

All good man, just think if you had bought this for protection…
Where did you get it?
Oh no! I just ask him if it was. If I remember correctly I had one of the smaller ones in my hand and and I was wondering why I didn't make a big mark on those. He might have been referring to the smaller ones as AR 500 Steel and not the big one so it could have been my mistake all the way around. No big deal it's kind of cool the way it drilled right through it though.

It stands to reason that if a 9mm will blow the lungs out of a body, a .308 should blow the molecules out of a steel plate.
IMG_7734.jpeg

3/8” ar400 and T1 will even take multiple hits of .308 and not look like that. I have 1/4” T1 that has .308 hits on it as well as 556, 7.62x39 etc without penetrating…

Pretty neat how it’s directly across the plate from the other bolt hole. Good shootin, Tex!
The scope I used was a very inexpensive 308 calibrated scope. Instead of a fine hash mark to aim with it has a big dot. I hate that! I am shopping for a better scope that has real fine cross hairs for the BDC reticle. All I could do is hold it in the middle as good as I could and hope for the best. For a few hits in the same place is mond boggling with all considering. The scope is rugged and holdsa zero like a champ but it is a budget scope none the less. Even holding in the middle it was shooting low. It's good enough for now. I am going to buy a much better scope for my new AR-10 build. I have had the scope on the rifle that shot those rounds for 8 or more years. It's good enough to break in a barrel and plinking with but that's all.

I have always looked at like I can always buy a good scope but I have been trying to build all I can before Biden bends us over and ask for the soap. I have a nice little collection of AR guns now so I am going to invest in a few good scopes now if I can put the one last .223 I would like to add to the safe. I have said this 2 or 3 times and two months down the road I find myself in the middle of another build like a complete moron. 🤣

The scope I used was a very inexpensive 308 calibrated scope. Instead of a fine hash mark to aim with it has a big dot. I hate that! I am shopping for a better scope that has real fine cross hairs for the BDC reticle. All I could do is hold it in the middle as good as I could and hope for the best. For a few hits in the same place is mond boggling with all considering. The scope is rugged and holdsa zero like a champ but it is a budget scope none the less. Even holding in the middle it was shooting low. It's good enough for now. I am going to buy a much better scope for my new AR-10 build. I have had the scope on the rifle that shot those rounds for 8 or more years. It's good enough to break in a barrel and plinking with but that's all.

I have always looked at like I can always buy a good scope but I have been trying to build all I can before Biden bends us over and ask for the soap. I have a nice little collection of AR guns now so I am going to invest in a few good scopes now if I can put the one last .223 I would like to add to the safe. I have said this 2 or 3 times and two months down the road I find myself in the middle of another build like a complete moron. 🤣
You're a National Treasure.

I have 3/8" thick AR500 STEEL plates and I've hit them with a bunch of .308, .243 Win (100 grain SP)
and 7.62 x 54R from 100 and 200 yds.

That is certainly NOT an "AR 500" plate.

Looks like regular construction and fabrication grade steel a welding shop might have on hand.

Back
Top Bottom