• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

338 Lapua with Berger vld's anyone?

Fieldnstreamer

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
I got a buddy who traded on a sako 995 338 Lapua the other day and he didn't have time to shoot it so he let me take it out this weekend. There was not reloading data on 250 bergers but he also bought the 300's, but wanted to try the 250's first. He loaded them to the max OAL that the magazine would allow but he may wind up having to load the individually to get a longer OAL. He had some US869 so he wanted to try that but there was no data on the 250's so he found load info on other similar 250's and they used 106gr of 869. So that's what he went with. I zeroed it today at 100 yards and moved it to 300 and decided to see how the groups were holding together and let me be the first to say, they were horrible. I had a steel plate that was 2'x3' and I could barely keep them all on the plate. Usually I would just play around with the load myself, but it's not my gun and not my money on the bullets, but I figured since it was so expensive to shoot the massive 338 that I would ask if anyone on here had any pet loads that they used with the 250 or 300 bergers.

Back
Top Bottom