• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

351 WSL Winchester Model 1907

I used to have a full or nearly full box of .351 WSL soft-nose ammo. Looked like it was made in the 1950s.
I'm not sure what happened to it, but I did research its value on the internet and found it wasn't worth much to ammo collectors. That was 15 years ago, though. Back then, there was a .351 WSL rifle on the gun rack at the local pawn shop, and they weren't interested in buying my box of ammo to sell to the future owner of that rifle.

I inherited my uncles 1907 and a fair supply(less than 100 rounds) of ammo so I can pass on some info on the .351 SL round. Just last week I found new ammo online that can be purchased, most is FMJ, but some is JSP, but none of it is cheap. 50 round or partial boxes of original manufacture ammunition can be found using Google but it can be expensive and some times condition is less then desirable. RCBS offers custom reloading dies for the .351 SL. The new ammo and brass that's available is made from .357 maximum cases but the rim must be turned down and the case trimmed to correct length. Iv'e seen some new brass(modified .357 max) online a few years ago but I'm not sure of availability now. Projectile availability seems to be the problem for home reloaders due to the odd ball .351 bore diameter, best I remember the commercial manufactures were using a .357 projectile swegdged down to .351. Cases are primed with small rifle primers. IMR 4227 was the suggested powder but with some online research I'm sure there are other suitable powders available. I shoot mine a couple of rounds every year to check zero when I use it for some old time nostalgia deer hunts while wearing my dad's 1950's Woolrich black and red checked wool parka. Iv'e killed two deer with mine over the years. Never researched parts availability, but Google is your friend on additional information on this round. If you would like to sell yours Iv'e got a buddy who's been looking for one. PM's accepted. Good luck with your project. James.

Back
Top Bottom