Not open for further replies.

dougiemac

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
119   0
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I just bought a Ruger LCR 357 from a great member here on ODT (@skybinky). I purchased it for my Dad as a Father's Day gift and I was hoping to get some advice from you all as to what holster would be best for me to get for him to go with the gun?

I personally use a Comptac MTAC for my Glock 27 but realize that he probably wouldnt like that way of carrying. Both he and I are bigger dudes, but he has a bit more of a spare tire than I do so a IWB of that sort probably won't work too well.

Another one I was considering is the Remora holster. I have (and love) the Remora IWB no clip no slip holsters. I use it for my summer carry for my smaller caliber semi-autos. I think this holster would be the most versatile for him as he can carry IWB or in a pocket of a coat or cargo pants, etc.

What say you? Ideas? Suggestions? Recommendations? Cautions? Warnings? Advice? etc.?

Thanks as always...you all are an amazing community.

Nobody? Father's Day is coming up fast and I was hoping you wheel gun nuts would have some great suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

*bump*

Well that's the problem...he doesn't carry so much...that's what I want to help him with. He's a bigger guy with a good spare tire. He always wears his shirt untucked, but would probably need an IWB around the 3 o'clock position. After he got his permit, he only carried in his truck and a Ruger MKII at that...so I'm hoping this Father's Day gift will help him carry better.

Well if thats the case, IWB may not be comfortable for him, OWB is an option...also since its an LCR...pocket carry sounds like a good idea to me.

Yep desantis makes good ones...im sure remoras pocket holsters are nice due to their super sticky solution, but ive never tried their product.

Noticed raven concealment makes kydex pocket holsters, interesting.

I carry my LCR 38 in a desantis pocket holster or a Crossbreed IWB on my right hip. I think if I did not have so big a belly I would consider IWB crossdraw.

I carried a LCR in a DeSantis Nemesis and in a cheaper Uncle Mike's pocket holster very successfully. When I carry any j-frame sized gun, that's my preference. But with the LCR, he'll forget it's there in a few seconds! Super light and comfortable in a pocket holster...and no exposed hammer to get caught if he needs to use it!

Thanks guys... I'm going to go with a Remora or DeSantis pocket holster for him. I so appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom