• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

357 Magnum wood penetration

If you put an airspace between each 2X4...I doubt a defensive hollowpoint would make it through more than 2 or 3. The bullet would expand passing through the first board, then have a much larger footprint hitting the second board - which would dissipate a lot of energy getting through the second board, if it made it through at all. Pack sand between the boards...it definitely won't make it through the second board.

Thanks to all for the comments. I had not heard of a snailtrap before. And I think the idea of a pair of 2x4's with airspace filled with sand between them is promising.

Thanks to all for the comments. I had not heard of a snailtrap before. And I think the idea of a pair of 2x4's with airspace filled with sand between them is promising.

It's not uncommon for similar construction to be used as the back wall (i.e. the one behind you when you are in shooting position) of a range. It will stop most bullets...even a JSP. If it does get through...it won't have enough energy left to do any damage. Let's face it...if you turn around and fire one in that direction while at a range...you should be shot by the person adjacent to you anyway.

Back
Top Bottom