357 sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

at

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
16   0
Reaction score
Why hasn't it really taken off? I have a m&p in 357 sig and love it! The Secret Service, Delaware Sp, Nc highway patrol, Maine SP, and Maine Wild life uses it. Im sure there are many more LE agency that use it. It's a great round. I know people will say the cost but besides that. And please not alot of comments about price of ammo.

cause it's too bad ass for most

and as bear said....it's more expensive, harder to find, and has a good bit of recoil for the weak handed. i have a g33 (subcompact 357 sig) and the power of the load is very noticable in a small gun like that

but it is still bad ass ;)

You say not to mention cost of ammo, but that is a big factor.. even for most agencies. The recoil and more importantly muzzle concussion can be a big deterrent for a lot of shooters. As mentioned the bottle-necked cartridge is a pain to reload vs other pistol cartridges. With the right bullet it is a very effective round. If working around cars a lot, the penetration of car-bodies and/or windshields is excellent.

With that said, some loads such as the Winchester Ranger 127 +P+ for the 9mms offers nearly the same performance out of a gun that has less recoil, is a couple ounces lighter, has greater cartridge capacity, cheaper ammo to practice with and less concussion every time you pull the trigger.

And on your list you also forgot the Air Marshal's that use the .357 Sig.

And on your list you also forgot the Air Marshal's that use the .357 Sig.

seriously? an over penetrating round in an airplane? not sure how I feel about that.

I personally love the .357sig when I had a sig 229 with a 40 and .357 barrel. It was nice being able to practive with the relatively cheap .40, but carry the 357.

again........................................................price was why I sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom