• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

360 rem buckhammer opinions

Lifttec

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
11   0
Reaction score
Wanting opinions and or experience with the new 360 buckhammer. I'm a sucker for a nice lever gun and always liked odd calibers. Is it worth it? Will the caliber stick around or disappear in no time? I already have very similar calibers in lever guns, so would it be worth having anyways?

Just one of the many new options for straight wall hunting in the states that require it. I think it’s a perfectly fine cartridge but may not last for the long haul as 350 Legend seems to have the head start on market share in the category.

A 35 Remington lever gun will give you the same performance if you don’t need the straight wall case but I can appreciate wanting something different.

Well I have a 35 that was my first deer rifle. Also a 444 if I ever needed the straight wall. From the numbers I've seen on ballistics it's slightly more thump than the 35. My only worry is the availability of ammo in the future. But 35 and 444 gets scarce all the time as well and it's been around forever.

The ammo companies have taken to playing games with introducing cartridges, then not supporting them when they decide to introduce something new but similar. I would decide based on whether I minded stockpiling brass and handloading. Also consider any ballistics advertising is likely a lie.

Back
Top Bottom