• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Choosing a 22 rifle - opinions

Another vote for the CZ 457. Solid rifle and worth the $$$ IMHO. The Savage rifles can be hit or miss. Had an FVSR which was great, but the magazines can be finicky. I also watched some reviews of their B22 rifle and it seems to have some extraction issues. Not sure if they ever got that worked out. Either way. the CZ 457 would be my top choice.
You got to find the ammo that your rifle likes, and shooting on a budget you not gone get to good groups. Or score shooting like racing it cost money how fast or how high score you want,

You got to find the ammo that your rifle likes, and shooting on a budget you not gone get to good groups. Or score shooting like racing it cost money how fast or how high score you want,
Part of the reason for going 22; mid range quality std velocity should work for me, and far cheaper to experiment with than centerfire :) No plans to compete against anyone but myself.

might be able to find a used Ruger Precision Rimfire in that range as well. or Ruger American? between the two you mention (Savage and CZ), I'd buy CZ all day and twice on sunday. personally I bought a Bergara B14R to fill the need you are looking for but they are closer to $1k, might find one used for less but they don't come up for sale too often.

Piling on the CZ bandwagon. Mine's a 452 but it doesn't matter. And I also prefer bolt action because they're not so particular about what they like to cycle.

might be able to find a used Ruger Precision Rimfire in that range as well. or Ruger American? between the two you mention (Savage and CZ), I'd buy CZ all day and twice on sunday. personally I bought a Bergara B14R to fill the need you are looking for but they are closer to $1k, might find one used for less but they don't come up for sale too often.
Key component is left handed, so Ruger aren't in the frame. Really narrows the field !

Back
Top Bottom