• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

38 spcl or 22 lr/mag snubby

gapoppy1315

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a 38spcl or 22lr/mag snubby to be used as an outside knockabout gun. Don't want or need a safequeen. Must go bang every time, and no rust. Honest wear is fine and expected. I'm looking to spend $200.00-$250.00 and can meet in Columbus, Thomaston, Greenville or Manchester/Woodbury. Revolvers only please, as the gun will be loaded with snakeshot. gapoppy1315@gmail.com

It's a lil' more than your stated Price Range, but I have a VGC S&W Model 10-5 Two-incher, Blue, w/Square-butt Frame & somebody's Rubber Grips for $300...Let me know your thoughts, and HTH....mikey357

Think you can get a new EAA Windicator snubby close to $250.
Supposedly a workhorse kick-around type revolver.
Presume you had no luck checking local pawn shops
Good luck with the search

One thing you might like to research before selecting the Windicator 2" snubby.
Ones I've seen online have a shiny flat barrel tip.
As I understand it all Windicator imported as 4" model w/crowned barrel tip.
EAA cuts end off to make the 2" model.

Having tested all the CCI shotshells for revolvers (.22lr, .22 mag, .38, and .44) and fired them into blocks of clay, Solo cups of water, sheets of cardboard, and metal cookie containers at distances from 5 feet to 5 yards...

... I strongly recommend the .38 over either of the .22 rimfires as a snake /rat killing load.
The centerfire shotshells have a bigger payload of larger and heavier pellets that have enough penetration, but the rimfire shotshells are really weak and offer little penetration.

Just my two cents' worth.

Reactions: Nat
Back
Top Bottom