• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3D printed guns in Europe (Popular Front)

This is one based AF Euro Ninja. Godspeed friend....I hope more people continue to add to the collective and spread the gospel of the right to bear arms, and the freedom of speech. Also, **** that ***** ass interviewer.

This is one based AF Euro Ninja. Godspeed friend....I hope more people continue to add to the collective and spread the gospel of the right to bear arms, and the freedom of speech. Also, **** that ***** ass interviewer.

I agree with both. Normally Jake from Popular Front does a pretty good job at interviewing but he just kept looping around the same question. You can see how frustrated "Jay" gets toward the end of the video.

Im suprised more people here dont 3d print their own "guns" ....a $200 printer and $20 of plastic later i can print whatever i want and it holds up and if it breaks ....click print again....

Im suprised more people here dont 3d print their own "guns" ....a $200 printer and $20 of plastic later i can print whatever i want and it holds up and if it breaks ....click print again....

In principle, yes. In reality you'd probably want a better machine more capable of printing high temp materials, after it breaks you'll want to still have a finger left to push the print button.

In principle, yes. In reality you'd probably want a better machine more capable of printing high temp materials, after it breaks you'll want to still have a finger left to push the print button.

The material doesn't fail like you think it does, it merely cracks along seams or bulges therefore warning of failure. the $250 printers rival and outperform the extremely expensive printers now and catastrophic failures like you hint at don't occur in these designs, anymore than do in true machined firearms. Funny enough Jstarks, ivanthetroll, and CTRLpew designs have been thoroughly tested by the community and constantly tweaked and improved, its astounding really how much effort and design had gone into all of them.

The material doesn't fail like you think it does, it merely cracks along seams or bulges therefore warning of failure. the $250 printers rival and outperform the extremely expensive printers now and catastrophic failures like you hint at don't occur in these designs, anymore than do in true machined firearms. Funny enough Jstarks, ivanthetroll, and CTRLpew designs have been thoroughly tested by the community and constantly tweaked and improved, its astounding really how much effort and design had gone into all of them.

I'm not debating the quality of the designs at all.

Just a majority of entry level machines, (which are excellent), are oriented to printing using PLA. Having printed quite a variety of things, that's simply not the material I'd choose.

One of the weaknesses of PLA is it can soften somewhat at higher temperatures, (think summer in a car).

Personally, I'd use something like PETG, or higher strength material, for a gun, and they generally require higher extruder temperatures. For extended printing I've found the higher temperatures are stretching the performance of machines oriented to PLA.

All a personal choice though.

I do note your budget's gone up by 12.5% already, perhaps that's for extruder upgrades ? :behindsofa:

I'm not debating the quality of the designs at all.

Just a majority of entry level machines, (which are excellent), are oriented to printing using PLA. Having printed quite a variety of things, that's simply not the material I'd choose.

One of the weaknesses of PLA is it can soften somewhat at higher temperatures, (think summer in a car).

Personally, I'd use something like PETG, or higher strength material, for a gun, and they generally require higher extruder temperatures. For extended printing I've found the higher temperatures are stretching the performance of machines oriented to PLA.

All a personal choice though.

I do note your budget's gone up by 12.5% already, perhaps that's for extruder upgrades ? :behindsofa:

whoops forgot the Ender 3 went on sale lolol...during their testing they’ve all actually come to find PLA/PLA+ is the preferred material due to its ability to fail slowly and safely vs higher temp materials catastrophic/abrupt failure. They note this in their design manuals/instructions as I was also previously of your mind but have also no problem printing all the commonly available materials on the Ender

Back
Top Bottom