• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

4 Glocks at COST at Lock N Load

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont know much about the gun business do you?

Dealer mark up in a good shop on guns is 10%. Money is in the popcorn and cokes.

That's what I'm saying. Depends on quantity that plays alot on their profit. If they buying 50 glocks, they going to profit more than 10%. That's why they profit more on accessories because they buy those in bulk. I'm sure stores like Adventure Outdoors, make like 50% off each gun. They go straight to the mfg.

So if they profit off more on used guns, why don't they offer more for the buy instead of butchering customers used gun? If I brought a used glock in, they offer $200 and sell it for $450.

I believe they make like 30% off each gun and 50% or more on accessories and 60% on ammo. That's just me.

Last edited:
So if they profit off more on used guns, why don't they offer more for the buy instead of butchering customers used gun? If I brought a used glock in, they offer $200 and sell it for $450.

I believe they make like 30% off each gun and 50% or more on accessories and 60% on ammo. That's just me.

You are wrong. The good gunstores make around 10%, the ones we went to when we didn't know better make 20% on firearms. Accessories and ammo are a different story. I know of a gunshop that was paying 370 for a case of pmc 223 and was selling it for 14.99 a box during the crisis.

Dealer cost is probably 50% of retail. If dealers only made $20-$30 off a firearm, they won't be open for long. That would mean they have to sell 100 guns a day to make $2000.
the margin on guns is def not what it is on mattresses and jewelry. that is unless its On The Square Gun & Pawn in McDonough...they have serious margin on the sucker sales there! :)

That's what I'm saying. Depends on quantity that plays alot on their profit. If they buying 50 glocks, they going to profit more than 10%. That's why they profit more on accessories because they buy those in bulk. I'm sure stores like Adventure Outdoors, make like 50% off each gun. They go straight to the mfg.
AO might make 5% more margin tops by buying major bulk... the moneys not in the gun.

They have to pay rent, utilities and employees. They also have to discount it if it doesn't sell, or suck it up and lose money if its not working etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom