• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

4 Glocks at COST at Lock N Load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most shops on used guns will offer %60 of their cost. So if a Glock cost them 440 to buy new they will offer up to 275 or maybe 300 any extra accessories mean nothing to them, they MIGHT give 10 per extra mag. Then they will put it on the shelf at their cost....440, and haggle from there. You talk then down to 400, you think you got a good deal, which you did, but they still made 100 to pay for lights and such.

$440 for Gen 3. $475 for Gen 4.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

There is not as much profit in guns as people think there is. Add in people paying with a credit card and a lot of time's you loose money. You have to hope that the person buying a firearm will buy some other inventory while there to offset the difference.

Aw... everyone know that it is 100 percent profit on everything and stores have no operating expenses. That is why all the LGS owners are rich and drive around in limo's lighting cigars with 100 dollar bills.

I have owned my own business for almost 30 years, and I can tell you from experience that at the end of the year, if they really watch what they are doing, a LGS will be dogged lucky to keep 4 percent of his yearly sales. That means if he sells you a 1000 dollar gun, if he is lucky if he gets to keep 40 bucks after his bills are paid. After investing who know how much money, staying up at night worrying about his business, putting up with the tax officials and the deadbeats that will rob him blind if given a chance, If he plays his cards right, He MIGHT get to keep $4 out of every $100 he sells.

Now lots of you will poo poo this and think I am lying about margin, costs and profit, but if you take the time to do any research at all, you will find it is true. Go ask a local CPA what a business owner nets out at the end of the year.

Aw... everyone know that it is 100 percent profit on everything and stores have no operating expenses. That is why all the LGS owners are rich and drive around in limo's lighting cigars with 100 dollar bills.

I have owned my own business for almost 30 years, and I can tell you from experience that at the end of the year, if they really watch what they are doing, a LGS will be dogged lucky to keep 4 percent of his yearly sales. That means if he sells you a 1000 dollar gun, if he is lucky if he gets to keep 40 bucks after his bills are paid. After investing who know how much money, staying up at night worrying about his business, putting up with the tax officials and the deadbeats that will rob him blind if given a chance, If he plays his cards right, He MIGHT get to keep $4 out of every $100 he sells.

Now lots of you will poo poo this and think I am lying about margin, costs and profit, but if you take the time to do any research at all, you will find it is true. Go ask a local CPA what a business owner nets out at the end of the year.

no, you're right. It's tough out there. But I believe most of us do it because we find pleasure in helping new shooters and BSing with the experienced guys. We don't make that much money but working in an industry I am passionate about makes it worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom