• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

41 Mag Shot/Snake shot

In as well for 41 mag shot shells! About 40’years ago I got some from a friend but haven’t been able to find any or the capsules to load them! I load my own for 44, 357 an 45 colt with speer capsules and 7.5 shot!

That's an awful lot of noise to make and gun to carry around for nothing more than a snake. If I was worried about them (I aint) I'd modify some speer .38 plastic bullets to feed from the mag, (primer only, have to hand cycle them) they are very quiet, take snakes, birds and rats just fine, at longer ranges than a .41 full of shot can manage. the rifling swirls the birdshot, guys, creating "doughnut" patterns, no shot in the center, worthess beyond 5 yds, max. At that range, I can reliably hit a 1" disk with the Speer plastic bullets. A 15 oz pocket 9mm is much more like what's needed/likely to BE there when needed. Just have a spare mag with such primer-only ammo in it. If a snake is already within striking distance of you, birdshot aint going to save you, you either can back away, slowly, or you're going to get bitten.

Back
Top Bottom