• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

44 mag

X2 on what Chuckdog says. Invest in a kinectic puller. It's cheap insurance. We all make boo boos once in awhile.
Shrapnal removal is expensive now days. And don't end up with you buggered hand and face all over the internet.

gth,

Did they shoot as you expected? Any pressure signs or anything that should be reported?

Don't forget to log everything; bullet type, weight, powder type, charge, brass, primers, crimp/no crimp, overall length, date and any thoughts. Your log will become very valuable to you as you build other loads. Why discover the wheel twice.

Load safe and enjoy,

OSOK

Bullet type: 240 gr cast + gas check
Charge: 24 gr h110
Primers: Winchester magnum pistol
Brass: Winchester
Crimp: Heavy crimp
OAL: 1.65"

Grouping was decent, I just ran in the range and ripped em real quick to see if they would shoot or blow me up. Tagged 6 bullseye at 15 yrds. 18 total shots, other 12 grouped about the size of a watermelon. Honestly disappointed, feel like it can go hotter so I might try that in the next batch. Might try it seated further in as well in increments of like .025". This would reduce the need for more powder correct? No pressure signs as of yet. I somehow missed putting powder in one case so i had a bullet lodged in the forcing cone for a few minutes, got it out though.

gth,

I'm happy the loads had no mishaps.

May I suggest:
seat the bullet to just to the rear/toward the base of the first driving band
only enough crimp to iron in any flair in that case mouth

Do a sit-down at a bench with sand bags and very slow fire to determine the quality of the load.

Hay, it's a pistol with a short barrel and short sighting radius, don't expect 1/4 minuet angle accuracy. You/we want total safety/reliability that provides the desired energies and accuracy for the job at hand and all in a small/light/convenient to carry package. Besides, it is fun to shoot.

Enjoy and be safe,

OSOK

gth,

I'm happy the loads had no mishaps.

May I suggest:
seat the bullet to just to the rear/toward the base of the first driving band
only enough crimp to iron in any flair in that case mouth

Do a sit-down at a bench with sand bags and very slow fire to determine the quality of the load.

Hay, it's a pistol with a short barrel and short sighting radius, don't expect 1/4 minuet angle accuracy. You/we want total safety/reliability that provides the desired energies and accuracy for the job at hand and all in a small/light/convenient to carry package. Besides, it is fun to shoot.

Enjoy and be safe,

OSOK

With 24 grains of H110 I'd suggest a healthy crimp? A light crimp and magnums ain't worked well for me.

naw I wasn't saying that I can shoot that good, just with my grouping when I took my time I should be able to. No range long enough to shoot that far near me.

Back
Top Bottom