• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

44 special, coming back?

If you reload than 44 spcl can be an economical alternative to 44 magnum, but I've never found any real price differences in factory ammo prices.

If you ever reload cast or buy use FLAT base projectiles in the correct hardness. Beveled bases don't seal the chamber and bore often causing leading. I use the same 240 flat base cast to moderate hardness and shoot them on the high side in 44 tumble lubed, or powder coated to full magnum loadings. You can get them cheap from commercial casters, but don't use beveled bases, and check your cylinder bore sizes. You can get your $250 back for a reloading setup back fast saving $20 a box on ammo.

If you ever reload cast or buy use FLAT base projectiles in the correct hardness. Beveled bases don't seal the chamber and bore often causing leading. I use the same 240 flat base cast to moderate hardness and shoot them on the high side in 44 tumble lubed, or powder coated to full magnum loadings. You can get them cheap from commercial casters, but don't use beveled bases, and check your cylinder bore sizes. You can get your $250 back for a reloading setup back fast saving $20 a box on ammo.

I've not seen cheap flat-based bullets. Have you got a source? All my usual places sell beveled. Beartooth sells them-- but they cost 2.7 times what my other places charge for beveled...

Yep, I'm with you there. No where near the recoil either.
I've been wanting a charter 44 bulldog. Very nice backup and conceiled carry piece.
Here is one ive had for 25yrs...came from my dad, he done the chop job and bobbed hammer. Makes an awesome ankle gun!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom