• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

.45 GAP

Lots of LE agencies carried .45 GAP for years, including GSP. From what I understand most of the officers who have carried it really liked it, and in real world street results (though pretty hard to obtain accurately), officers admired its performance... All I know is I liked it. It was a very good performer on paper and water bottles. Lol

Friend of mine was the first LEO to use the .45GAP against a perp. It worked fine.

Reactions: MRH
Another use for the 45 GAP; it will work fine with moon clips in a 45 ACP revolver (assuming it’s rated for +p) giving you shorter cartridges which are easier/quicker to extract and reload when doing competition shootin

I carried a Glock 37 and 39 on duty for years. I loved shooting those weapons and purchased them when we swapped to the 17. I've been looking for a Glock 38 since. I have lots of ammo from the agency that they gave us when we purchased the weapons. Weapons handle amazing.
I have 5 GAP's including a 38. These are great weapons and very accurate. Like you I have a set of GSP's, along with a MCCD too.

I shot a .45 GAP (G38) yesterday and really liked it. Of all the Glocks I have ever shot, it was one of the very best. Accurate, easily manageable, almost identical power as .45acp in a G19 sized handgun. I wonder why the .45 GAP never caught on in the mainstream civilian market...? Could it be the name? Should they have named it the 11mm to make it not so obvious as a competitor to the legendary .45acp? Marketing has a lot to do with success in a caliber, and I believe that if the .45 GAP had been marketed in a more favorable way, it could have been a very popular civilian round. I thoroughly enjoyed shooting the G38. I don't know if I will ever own one, but when they do pop up it seems they are usually very inexpensive. I realize ammunition is harder to obtain than most rounds, and perhaps a bit more costly, so reloading may be the way to go there...Still, my time spent with the GAP was an eye opener for me. This is a good round and from my limited time spent shooting it, I believe it is one of the best Glocks I've ever shot. Too bad it has been almost completely written off by the masses.
Glock 38 od.jpg

I know GSP and MCCD used to carry them. not sure on what they carry now. The word on the street is Glock pretty much gave those pistols to the state, since Glock USA's HQ is in Cobb.

There it is! I habe zero experience with the round but I can see why it failed. Think about it, people don't even want a 40 anymore. And that round was THE **** from around 91 to at least 99. I'm no ballistics expert and don't wanna be but to ME I just don't care about less than common rounds. If I feel a need for bigger than 9mm I automatically go to 45ACP . I would never even consider 45GAY or 357Sig. I don't care how it performs or put performs all my old school calibers. I don't reload and even if I did it's still not worth it.

Here's my very simple rule for calibers. If I need ammo on a Sunday or in some one caution light town I'm fairly certain the Ace Hardware or Wal-Mart will have 9mm,357/38 Special and 45ACP. MAYBE they'll have some 40. But all them late model calibers? Hell no! Why complicate matters when Glock already has pistols in 45ACP?
ACE hardware sells ammo? Maybe back in the day, haven't seen any at one in a long time...

ACE hardware sells ammo? Maybe back in the day, haven't seen any at one in a long time...
The Ace in Gray had ammo and black powder supplies. Hell there's a grocery store down in Brantley Co/ Waynesville that sells guns and ammo. Yeah Brantley Co is pretty Redneck. But you never know wht you'll find when you get out there in the sticks.

Back
Top Bottom