• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

5.2l jeep serpentine belt alignment problem

I can't tell by the pics, but if you installed the belt right and it's getting one groove off, you may have a bad harmonic balancer!!! Have a real tech check it out in person, save yourself a bunch of Internet guessing

I can't tell by the pics, but if you installed the belt right and it's getting one groove off, you may have a bad harmonic balancer!!! Have a real tech check it out in person, save yourself a bunch of Internet guessing
Several of us are real "techs" just sayin...

Allright fellows....thanks alot for all your input...looks like i will have the balancer looked at, seems to be the most popular best guess for everyone....may be a week or two but i will post back what i find out. I really appreciate it guys.

Ok everyone...seems to be fixed now...drove it 100 miles on saturday with no issues. It was two things. First was the wrong sized belt, the one i bought which i confirmed as the right size for my year, make, and engine size was just a hair too big...go figure. Second, the power steering pump was clunking around a bit and making funny noises, so it was replaced with a new one. The guy i took it to has his own shop at his home way out in summerville ga. He works with my brother, is highly regarded as a skilled mechanic and has had 8 jeeps of his own in the past. Anyway he did me right and charges very little and schooled me alot about the jeep. What a beautiful part of ga to drive thru! The a/c compressor will need to he replaced as it wont hold a charge but that can wait. He said the harmonic balancer is certainly old, but hell, it still works allright. So i appreciate all your input fellows and just wanted to catch you all up!

Back
Top Bottom