$579 AR 5.56 at PSA

What's the difference in performance?

For that matter, what's the difference in performance between a budget AR and a premium AR?

Nothing for the first few thousand rounds.

What it comes to is whats the life of the rifle going to be like. If you want something thats going to be in the safe mostly, running a couple hundred rounds through it a year then get something lower end. Del-Ton, PSA, DPMS. If you're going to run competitions, do schools with it where you're getting it dirty and running a lot of rounds through it in short periods of time you're going to want a higher end rifle. Something that has been built to mil-spec. Theres processes like proper staking of gas key, shot peened bolt, chrome lining, etc that goes into the build of the middle and top tier ARs that you don't get at the price point of the lower tier. Not all low tiers are equal so do your research.

Yeah, I heard the military has been monitoring this thread and is going to switch over to DPMS. Until this thread they didn't realize all ARs are the same. They feel kind of dumb for buying Colts all these years. :p

I had an early M&P Sport with the 1:8 twist and I liked it. However, they ship with a 1:9 now so I'm not as favorable of them over other Sport models. In fact, between the DTI Sport and the M&P I liked the Del Ton best. It had the dust cover and FA so it didn't "look like a sport".

Yeah, I heard the military has been monitoring this thread and is going to switch over to DPMS. Until this thread they didn't realize all ARs are the same. They feel kind of dumb for buying Colts all these years. :p

Didn't they already? Weren't they giving the M4 contract to remington?

Back
Top Bottom