• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.0 Powerstroke Diesel

If you want to drop $5k to $6k to have one bulletproofed, it can be reliable.

As much as I've wanted a diesel (for no reason) and almost bought one a few years ago... I just can't. Practicality over desire. They're too heavy, too slow, stop at the pace of a freight train, more maintenance, expensive fuel, can't manage U-turns at most intersections, too big to park anywhere, the newer ones may or may not death wobble on you. I'll have to stick my to N/A V8 1/2 tons.

That is a really good take on the diesel vs gas truck question. If I didn’t tow heavy loads I would go with a gas truck. I’d probably still go with a 3/4 just for the extra capacity and I also prefer the firmer ride.

Yea if going 6.0 you will have to bulletproof it. I see most people wanting a diseal truck for the manly factor yet never haul anything more than a 2x4. If you haul some a F250/2500 GAS will do it.

Basically it comes down to the largest thing you will ever tow/haul, and how often you TOW smaller/medium loads.

Maintenance costs on a diesel are higher. Can you say injectors!?????
If its newer than what 2011 you have to use DEF???

Most people I know don't need more than a 1500 truck.

Yea if going 6.0 you will have to bulletproof it. I see most people wanting a diseal truck for the manly factor yet never haul anything more than a 2x4. If you haul some a F250/2500 GAS will do it.

Basically it comes down to the largest thing you will ever tow/haul, and how often you TOW smaller/medium loads.

Maintenance costs on a diesel are higher. Can you say injectors!?????
If its newer than what 2011 you have to use DEF???

Most people I know don't need more than a 1500 truck.

That's why I can't justify it. I've never towed more than 5,000-5,500, but it's usually enclosed 12 footers that are more like 3,000 to 4,000. And of the 65,000 miles on my F150, maybe 3,000 to 4,000 (max) were towing miles

I bought a 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, Duramax/Allison combo in 2013. It had 113,000 miles on it at the time. I now have 152,000 miles on it.

I have spent about $65.00 in repair bills in all those years. That was for 6 or 7 glow plugs.

The Duramax is a beast and they work flawlessly. Find an older model and buy that. Don't get a Ford and then have to spend a boat load of money.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom