• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.8 spcll shooters pay attention here.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
Ammunition Depot has 75 gr. frangible ammo for the 6.8.. I scooped some up and it's appears to be in a surplus box and has XM something on the box. I am to lazy to get up and look but they have and I have rarely seen frangible or possibly never seen it loaded in 6.8 caliber. I ordered 300 rounds. It's not real cheap but just to have some is nice.

I also bought some Jesse James bulk ammo for my 10mm. 79 bucks for 200 rounds, hollow base flat point 165 gr. projectile. I bet they will rip with that light of a bullet. Then there is the High Point with a 16 inch barrel. Just imagine the speed of that light projectile. Very nice looking ammo. I ordered another bag on that note.

What I was really surprised to see was 6.8 frangible ammo. Something you don't see everyday. At least I haven't all I can ever find is SSA, Hornady, Remington.

Ammunition Depot has 75 gr. frangible ammo for the 6.8.. I scooped some up and it's appears to be in a surplus box and has XM something on the box. I am to lazy to get up and look but they have and I have rarely seen frangible or possibly never seen it loaded in 6.8 caliber. I ordered 300 rounds. It's not real cheap but just to have some is nice.

I also bought some Jesse James bulk ammo for my 10mm. 79 bucks for 200 rounds, hollow base flat point 165 gr. projectile. I bet they will rip with that light of a bullet. Then there is the High Point with a 16 inch barrel. Just imagine the speed of that light projectile. Very nice looking ammo. I ordered another bag on that note.

What I was really surprised to see was 6.8 frangible ammo. Something you don't see everyday. At least I haven't all I can ever find is SSA, Hornady, Remington.
How are you liking the High Point? My 1095ts has been flawless so far.

How are you liking the High Point? My 1095ts has been flawless so far.
I love them. They shoot so smooth and reliably. You would think it would be the opposite being a High Point but the truth is they are just fine guns. That lady in Detroit ran a gang of three hoods off with one. LOL She was chucking lead at them so fast they honestly didn't know what to do. It took them a few seconds to realize what was going on. She was going to town with the old High Point. It sounded like Vietnam on the tape of the ordeal.

Ammunition Depot really has some good bulk pricing right now on 10mm. 10mm ammo isn't cheap to begin with but buying in bulk makes it a little easier to shoot and not feel like you a spewing dollars out of the bore. You guys with 9mm should go there a see what their deals are. I was really surprised to see 6.8 frangible loads. In fact I made another order yesterday for another 100 rounds. I will probably order some more here shortly.

I will take it over Tulammo any day. This ammo looks clean and brass is bright and I see no reason why it shouldn't make decent target practice ammo. I certainly looks better than Remington out of the box. That junk they ship from overseas looks like crap and people still shoot the piss out of it. I look for quality of ammo not the name on the box. Never judge a book buy it cover until you read it. I will report on this ammo. It sure beats the crap out 24 dollar a box ammo everybody else wants for 10mm ammo. When you are shooting double tap to the chest and one to the head like, let's say um a 9mm you can buy ammo for dirt cheap. Not so for a 10mm. I bought 400 rounds of 10mm for 160 bucks.
Same goes for PSA parts. I wouldn't put that crap in my grandmas gun I know she would never shoot but still people are out there buying it up by the dump truck loads of it and that's a perfect
analogy for those parts. I am not saying it's great ammo but if I go through two 200 rounds bags with not FTF or FTE then I consider that a win win. It's brass, It's made in america and it's price point is great. That's enough for me to give it a whirl. nough said!

Back
Top Bottom