• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.8SPC-Smash or pass??

cjnowell72 cjnowell72 Cool ill let you know bud.. Ill probably pick this up as well because its got that famous stamp on it lol.

greg vess greg vess Sweet... I was looking around at ammo varieties and availability. Doesn't seem to bad, about like 300BO as far as pricing right now. Its worth the gamble i think for sure.

6.8 SPC is the only rifle I have deer hunted with for the last 15 years. It would also be my choice for hunting hogs. Much better choice than a 5.56.

Calibers are person specific. Some like to deer hunt with a 243 and soje on a 30-06. You have to get familiar with it and make your own assessment of the caliber. Don't just let a eh! Potentionally make you pass on a caliber that you could fall in love with. One man isn't the best say, all say all in the firearm selection process. If I two or three people were trying to get me house I am going to grap a 357 long enough to grab my 6.8spc. One ot the reason the 6.8 round was developed with special forces and Remington fittled with the first attempt of the creation was Hahjis were running straight through the 223 round wound up on meth. It simply wasn't doing the job. The first attempt failed not because of the round but the chamber. It was resurrected and the spc ll hit the nail on the head. I have one 6.8 that will shoot sub .50 groups all day long. More energy it the same platform? Yes please. There are still dinosaurs carrying 9mm and 5.56 guns just because they are married to it. That Noveske upper will retain value. Pick it up and put it to the test. Do your own research and testing. Don't just shoot it and let that be it. Fool with the buffer weight, maybe a flatware spring I have one that shoot as smooth as calm as a .223 however what going on down range is a completely different animal. It has some smack down force.

While the .223 with a 75 gr projectile is struggling to maintain 2500 fps out of a 16 inch barrel the 6.8 is whipping an 85 grain pill a 3000 fps. The proof is on the pudding. Give it a shot and give it honest effort to tune it. Like I said before every guy I have built one for or sold on of my own too has a new favorite AR 15 platform caliber in their safe. They love em on deer, Hogs too for that matter.

Calibers are person specific. Some like to deer hunt with a 243 and soje on a 30-06. You have to get familiar with it and make your own assessment of the caliber. Don't just let a eh! Potentionally make you pass on a caliber that you could fall in love with. One man isn't the best say, all say all in the firearm selection process. If I two or three people were trying to get me house I am going to grap a 357 long enough to grab my 6.8spc. One ot the reason the 6.8 round was developed with special forces and Remington fittled with the first attempt of the creation was Hahjis were running straight through the 223 round wound up on meth. It simply wasn't doing the job. The first attempt failed not because of the round but the chamber. It was resurrected and the spc ll hit the nail on the head. I have one 6.8 that will shoot sub .50 groups all day long. More energy it the same platform? Yes please. There are still dinosaurs carrying 9mm and 5.56 guns just because they are married to it. That Noveske upper will retain value. Pick it up and put it to the test. Do your own research and testing. Don't just shoot it and let that be it. Fool with the buffer weight, maybe a flatware spring I have one that shoot as smooth as calm as a .223 however what going on down range is a completely different animal. It has some smack down force.

While the .223 with a 75 gr projectile is struggling to maintain 2500 fps out of a 16 inch barrel the 6.8 is whipping an 85 grain pill a 3000 fps. The proof is on the pudding. Give it a shot and give it honest effort to tune it. Like I said before every guy I have built one for or sold on of my own too has a new favorite AR 15 platform caliber in their safe. They love em on deer, Hogs too for that matter.
Preach on! I’ll pass the offering plate brother.
I’m leaning more in than out, it’s for sure something new. And new stuff is always a good time

Back
Top Bottom