• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

6 more years of ASS KICKING!!!!

I had 2 save my butt back in 1990. Sniper shooting from over 800 yds out, all I had was a worn out A2 that wouldn't reach out there. Called em in and for some strange reason he quit shooting. Made hamburger out of him and the building he was hiding in.

If you ever get a chance to hold one of those 30mm rounds in your hands, that alone is beyond awesome. Now, imagine 700 of them raining down on a position EVERY SECOND! There's NOTHING else that compares! Simply an awesome machine flown by even more awesome pilots!

If I remember correctly they are keeping them in service but a far fewer number.

You see these "the a 10 is saved" articles so often that, to me it actually shows the vigor with which certain sectors are trying (and will likely succeed) in doing away with them.

I imagine there must be some kind of back door push (see also: bribes) from Lockheed.

Doing away with the a10 for a more serviceable better suited close ground support aircraft would be fine. The f35 isn't , won't, and never will be that.

They used to come over the building I worked at in the UK at around 4-500 ft, truly excellent fighting machine. F-35 is a huge waste of my tax dollars, we just don't need to be 5 x more sophisticated than the communist block any more.

Back
Top Bottom