• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$75 Pair Level III AR500 Steel Body Armor Two 10" x 12" Plates

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
$37.50 that's the cheapest I have seen for level III. To waive Free return in cart and get an even lower price - Coupon "SPRING15" for 15% off first 3 orders.

EDIT: It has coating not a raw steel plate. It does not have the "full spall coating" that is an upcharge.

https://jet.com/product/Pair-Level-I....CzxgVhT0BUgDw

c38c6f675c0f74a1bdd4421c37c5f757.jpg

Doubtful it's a spall coating. Most likely just a coating to prevent rust

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
You are correct

"Description
Tactical Scorpion Gear AR500 steel plate body armor . (Made in the USA) A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability ,Fully encapsulated to protect against corrosion, chemicals and sweat. Full Spall build-up coating available at additional cost. "

How would something like this in a plate carrier compare to a bullet proof vest? Looking for something in a shtf situation.

The maker is charging $46 for the "full spall coating" and that's for two plates so $23/each.

Most of the spall lining I have seen is some polymer "rhino liner" spray on type material of about a 1/4 thick or so. It does pretty good.

At that price you can't find raw unbent/not curved new steel plates.

So is the deal in the OP for 1 curved and 1 flat plate? I figured they were both curved.

upload_2017-4-7_8-39-24.png

Tactical Scorpion Gear AR500 steel plate body armor . (Made in the USA) A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability ,Fully encapsulated to protect against corrosion, chemicals and sweat. Full Spall build-up coating available at additional cost. Will fit most common carrier vests ( We manufacturer a full line of quality carrier vests) Laser cut .Fully tested by independent Lab ( documentation sent by request) Rated for up to six hits from 7.62 Nato bullets (.308 Winchester) with velocities up to 2780 fps. For front and/or back protection. We utilize a CNC laser cutting table for the cutting of all our AR500 products. If the seller of armor plate does not mention how its cut, then you can guarantee its not by laser . Our Curved plate is bent on a laser cut custom die set with single radius bend which provides a perfect radius on each and every plate we produce, not bent multiple times on a press brake which provides uncontrollable results.

• A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability
  • ** This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.** NIJ tested Level III Armor will defeat 6 rifles round shots up to 7.62x51/.308 @ 2780 ft/s @ 15 METERS We only manufacture our plates from certified AR-500 steel with a Brinnell Hardness Rating of 505-518BHN
  • All our Steel Core body armor is proudly made in USA of USA produced steel

Back
Top Bottom