• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$75 Pair Level III AR500 Steel Body Armor Two 10" x 12" Plates

So is the deal in the OP for 1 curved and 1 flat plate? I figured they were both curved.

This is pretty normal. A flat plate on the back won't hinder your comfort. In fact I prefer it, and yes, I have worn a plate carrier for many hours at a time, many times.

This is a good deal. I've never heard of Scorpion tactical but there are several reviews on YouTube. I have no idea if they are good or bad.

Do your research on body armor. Not all are the same, and III+ is definitely better than III...And ceramics are better than both, and lighter, though they cost much more. Ceramics are not good for multiple hits, though, but let's hope your day isn't that bad.

I paid well more than double this amount for my III+ plates, but you get what you pay for. Mine are the AR500 brand. http://www.ar500armor.com

I never knew how much there is to know about body armor until I started looking around myself. There are differences for sure, and not something to take lightly, I discovered early on.

Not trying to discourage anyone about this particular armor at all. It is a very good price. I would look at the reviews on YouTube at the very least before considering a purchase. This stuff may be very good. I don't know. What I do know is buying armor should not be an impulse decision. Know as much as you can about the product beforehand. The last thing you want to do is list the stuff on here in a month or so because you want to upgrade to III+...

View attachment 1127982

Tactical Scorpion Gear AR500 steel plate body armor . (Made in the USA) A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability ,Fully encapsulated to protect against corrosion, chemicals and sweat. Full Spall build-up coating available at additional cost. Will fit most common carrier vests ( We manufacturer a full line of quality carrier vests) Laser cut .Fully tested by independent Lab ( documentation sent by request) Rated for up to six hits from 7.62 Nato bullets (.308 Winchester) with velocities up to 2780 fps. For front and/or back protection. We utilize a CNC laser cutting table for the cutting of all our AR500 products. If the seller of armor plate does not mention how its cut, then you can guarantee its not by laser . Our Curved plate is bent on a laser cut custom die set with single radius bend which provides a perfect radius on each and every plate we produce, not bent multiple times on a press brake which provides uncontrollable results.

• A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability
  • ** This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.** NIJ tested Level III Armor will defeat 6 rifles round shots up to 7.62x51/.308 @ 2780 ft/s @ 15 METERS We only manufacture our plates from certified AR-500 steel with a Brinnell Hardness Rating of 505-518BHN
  • All our Steel Core body armor is proudly made in USA of USA produced steel
The jet.com ad doesn't say one way or the other, but the link you posted to the manufacturers site says one is curved and the other is flat.

IMG_0100.PNG

This is pretty normal. A flat plate on the back won't hinder your comfort. In fact I prefer it, and yes, I have worn a plate carrier for many hours at a time, many times.

This is a good deal. I've never heard of Scorpion tactical but there are several reviews on YouTube. I have no idea if they are good or bad.

Do your research on body armor. Not all are the same, and III+ is definitely better than III...And ceramics are better than both, and lighter, though they cost much more. Ceramics are not good for multiple hits, though, but let's hope your day isn't that bad.

I paid well more than double this amount for my III+ plates, but you get what you pay for. Mine are the AR500 brand. http://www.ar500armor.com

I never knew how much there is to know about body armor until I started looking around myself. There are differences for sure, and not something to take lightly, I discovered early on.

Not trying to discourage anyone about this particular armor at all. It is a very good price. I would look at the reviews on YouTube at the very least before considering a purchase. This stuff may be very good. I don't know. What I do know is buying armor should not be an impulse decision. Know as much as you can about the product beforehand. The last thing you want to do is list the stuff on here in a month or so because you want to upgrade to III+...
Good to know. I thought the front and rear plates were both usually curved. I honestly haven't ever done much research on body armor though.

Good to know. I thought the front and rear plates were both usually curved. I honestly haven't ever done much research on body armor though.

I hadn't either until I started shopping for it. LOL...It doesn't take long to learn what you need to know.

Sometimes the back plates are curved, but it is unnecessary, IMO. Our backs and fronts are way different. I don't need a curved plate digging into my shoulder blades. YMMV

I hadn't either until I started shopping for it. LOL...It doesn't take long to learn what you need to know.

Sometimes the back plates are curved, but it is unnecessary, IMO. Our backs and fronts are way different. I don't need a curved plate digging into my shoulder blades. YMMV
I hadn't even thought of the curved rear digging into your shoulder blades. I can definitely see how flat plates would be better in the rear now.

Yet another reason to love ODT. I learn something new on here every day.

:thumb:

Reactions: MRH
I hadn't even thought of the curved rear digging into your shoulder blades. I can definitely see how flat plates would be better in the rear now.

Yet another reason to love ODT. I learn something new on here every day.

:thumb:

That's how it feels to me. Others may be different. I've switched my plates around and worn the flat in front, curved in the back, just to see how it feels and I didn't like the back. The flat plate in front didn't bother me, though.

That's how it feels to me. Others may be different. I've switched my plates around and worn the flat in front, curved in the back, just to see how it feels and I didn't like the back. The flat plate in front didn't bother me, though.

Try a multi curve. I like running those front and back since they conform to your torso better

How would something like this in a plate carrier compare to a bullet proof vest? Looking for something in a shtf situation.
A vest without plates (i.e. kevlar) will stop pistol and shotgun rounds, but high powered rifles will punch right through it. Steel plates are much heavier than ceramic plates like the military uses. Also the ceramic plates capture the bullet. Steel plates smash the slug, and you get spalling, which basically means you take a round center mass and you're likely to catch shrapnel in the arms, chin, etc.

Cost wise its a great option, and certainly better than catching that round center mass with nothing.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Try a multi curve. I like running those front and back since they conform to your torso better

I wear my plates as high up as I can get them at the collarbone, so my torso, or the bottom of it is uncovered. I have 10x12 plates. What size plates are you sporting?

Back
Top Bottom