• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7mm Rem Mag Loads

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
So, I've had a Remington 700 chambered in 7mm Rem Mag sitting in the back of my safe, untouched, for about 8 years now. It's one of the good ones manufactured in '77. Was my dad's and he gave it to me in mid 80's. I hunted with it for about 14yrs and put it down for something more enjoyable to shoot. Finally decided it was time to show it some love, so I took it out and I've started modernizing it to make it more accurate and more enjoyable to shoot. I had Collier Rifles put a brake on it for me and I have a Limbsaver Nitro buttpad on the way. After deer season I have plans to install pillars and bed it as well (fun winter project). Was going to put some new glass on it as well, but I for now I have decided to leave it like it is so it is "era correct" and like it was when he gave it to me.

After digging around I discovered that I didn't have much ammo for it and what I did have was questionable (not in boxes so not sure what it is exactly). I picked up reloading over the 8yrs it's been in the safe and after looking at ammo prices for it I have decided I will add this to the list of stuff I reload. I've got the dies and stuff I need on the way, as well as a box of Barnes 140gr TTSX bullets. I'm looking to load up a nice mild load (I've heard the slower burning powders are better for long life on these magnum's) that will not be too hard on the barrel but will still get the job done. When I get ready I will see what the books recommend, but thought I would check to see if anyone has a special recipe that they are having success with and wouldn't mind sharing. Not sure what powder to use yet either, so any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time and input!

7mm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom