• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

80 % lowers $35 or lower (2 for $60)

I looked at it and even filled out everything but the credit card number but chickened out. They were 4 for a $100 a couple of weeks ago. If you go for it, I hope it works out and you get them. Does anyone know how to figure out if this is really legit?

IMHO, you would be buying a lot of trouble:
1) Unless you know what your doing, and have CNC / Lathe experience; you will likely screw up the materials.
2) You will be stuck with what you make FOREVER (Totally illegal to sell / trade / give them away)
3) These guys may "fold their tent" before you see anything (except a lighter bank account)

There's a few people that have ordered or are thinking about ordering them. Join the group in my sig. The group is pretty dead since none of us actually have the lowers yet, but I check it about everyday and add info as I find it.

Has anyone contributed to this?? Me and a buddy are thinking about going in halves and getting 16 80% lowers. We both work for a industrial mechanical company and feel like the machining would be a breeze for us. Just wondering if anyone has already contributed? http://www.rockethub.com/projects/24272-support-ar15-80-lower

I've been doing some research on the 80% lowers, and they are perfectly legal, and many sites have jigs and instructions to finish them using a drill press. Obviously, machining equipment would make it much easier. However, be careful about how many you finish. Technically you are only supposed to finish ones you will personally use. If the plan is to sell them, they would need serial numbers, and you could be considered a gun manufacturer, which could be a big problem if you are not registered as such.

Sure sounds like a good deal though. Most of the ones I was looking at were $100 and up.

IMHO, you would be buying a lot of trouble:
1) Unless you know what your doing, and have CNC / Lathe experience; you will likely screw up the materials.
2) You will be stuck with what you make FOREVER (Totally illegal to sell / trade / give them away)
3) These guys may "fold their tent" before you see anything (except a lighter bank account)

1. not that hard to do the jigs make it very easy
2. Horse ****, you can sell these just like any other gun, you just cant build them for the purpose of selling
3. Money back guarantee with the site.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish that I knew exactly what was left to complete it. I've got plenty access to all the equipment needed but dot wanna get stuck

about 1,000,000 youtube videos of guys finshing theirs with a drill press and the supplied jigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The jig shown in the video lists for $125 if it were in stock so the $50 donation for the jig these guys are selling is a good deal. This is very tempting but if I had another few lowers sitting around I would have to aquire the uppers and that is where the expense is.

Back
Top Bottom