• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$850 Arsenal AK47

Where do you guys rank quality Saiga's in the ranking of AK's?

If Arsenals are top tier? Are Saiga's close? Or far below?
Personally I will take a properly converted Saiga (like Atlantic used to sell before the sanctions) over Arsenal any time.
Unconverted Saiga vs a Arsenal--toss up. Do I want to do the work converting it? If no, then Arsenal, if Yes, then Saiga.

Where do you guys rank quality Saiga's in the ranking of AK's?

If Arsenals are top tier? Are Saiga's close? Or far below?

Aresenal are not top tier but above most American made aks. I rank them as mid tier myself. That's why the price falls between the upper and lower versions. I would personally rather have a saiga, sent off for conversion, if you are unwilling to invest in tools, learn and do a proper conversion.

I've had saigas show up with canted sights and other crazy things but it can all be fixed , most were fine. I'd prefer a mak90 but they have gotten up there in price in recent years as well.

I do miss the days of $250 saigas

Aresenal are not top tier but above most American made aks. I rank them as mid tier myself. That's why the price falls between the upper and lower versions. I would personally rather have a saiga, sent off for conversion, if you are unwilling to invest in tools, learn and do a proper conversion.

I've had saigas show up with canted sights and other crazy things but it can all be fixed , most were fine. I'd prefer a mak90 but they have gotten up there in price in recent years as well.

$250 saigas? Wish I had a time machine!

$250 Saiga must have been the good ole days... Back when Coca-Cola cost a nickel!

$250 Saiga must have been the good ole days... Back when Coca-Cola cost a nickel!

Lol. It actually wasn't that long ago. At least it doesn't feel like it. A lot of people put down the rifles as cheap junk. I still have a bunch in the basement. For a while when the distributor was changing they were really cheap in the 300-350 range.

Lol. It actually wasn't that long ago. At least it doesn't feel like it. A lot of people put down the rifles as cheap junk. I still have a bunch in the basement. For a while when the distributor was changing they were really cheap in the 300-350 range.

Well if you ever feel like giving one a happy home I'm looking to adopt.

I purchased a Saiga not too long ago for $300 at adventure outdoors before they moved across the street...Should've held onto it but needed cash. It had a bad kant though...

Want to get another soon...

Back
Top Bottom