• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9-12 Hunt

I didn't think that. I know some would, but must of us here wouldn't even consider shooting a spotted fawn.
Hey the way I see it it’s just future hunting to enjoy later in life. It sure is cool as hell to get that close to them and just enjoy the beauty of them. Hell I’ll say it. They’re cute!

They will tell when other deer are coming long before you ever know they are coming.

Yep.
I love when they keep
Looking back for their buddies.

Usually the large deer herds I’ve seen always have the young ones leading and working point.
They’re usually the first ones to stomp and warn the others.
In many cases mama doe just ignores them thinking they’re just immature while the young one keeps stomping as if to say while talking out the side of its mouth....“Mom....do you see this weird thing standing here like I do?”
An exciting thing to watch especially when you’re standing a few feet from them not trying to move a muscle and trying not to laugh.
They are really cool to watch how they interact.

Man I was hunting the ladder of doom one afternoon in the winter late season and a first year loner male wondered under my stand.
He was browsing when he must have caught wind of me for a second then he jumped and fully face planted into the ground ten feet forward then stood up as if nothing had happened.
Awesome to watch their trigger quick reaction to possible danger.
Must be a stressful life in a way.

One of the fawns I was watching this morning was really jumpy, especially when a thumb-tip sized acorn crashed to the ground! She hasn’t associated that sound with food yet.

One of the fawns I was watching this morning was really jumpy, especially when a thumb-tip sized acorn crashed to the ground! She hasn’t associated that sound with food yet.

Cool to watch them young ones doing what their programmed to do.
Nothing beats the big buck I watched in Helen that only moved when the wind blew and would lay down or stand with his vitals near a big tree when the wind stopped.
Wish I had a rifle that day.
Usually I never see them move in super windy days but maybe that’s how the big boys do it.

Back
Top Bottom