• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9/16 Hunt

Tell me about it. SMH...
Man its the best time of year!
karlvv30 karlvv30 hunting with the moon in the sky all day can bring some luck. It has for me on more than one occasion. I will hunt all day when the moon is out.

Almost every deer I have killed has been with the moon up. I see so many more deer. I would sit all day if it wasnt going to be 1000 degrees today. I'll probably sit here until 1130ish. They were moving early but nothing came my way. I'm expecting them to be moving some around 10.

Reactions: MRH
Was out before first light.
Had a shooter doe but she had two fawns with her so let her walk.
Had a batchelor group of four come by and watched two young 6 points spar for about 15 minutes.
None of them were shooters......need to grow up a bit.
I'm still hoping that enormous mama doe will come by but she has so far been completely nocturnal and loves to pose for my camera.

Was out before first light.
Had a shooter doe but she had two fawns with her so let her walk.
Had a batchelor group of four come by and watched two young 6 points spar for about 15 minutes.
None of them were shooters......need to grow up a bit.
I'm still hoping that enormous mama doe will come by but she has so far been completely nocturnal and loves to pose for my camera.
Not trying to be a smart ass,but what is the logic of not shooting a mature doe,do you not feel the fawns can't make it.

Not trying to be a smart ass,but what is the logic of not shooting a mature doe,do you not feel the fawns can make it.

With me it depends on the size of the yearlings. I let one walk wednesday because she had a button buck in spots with her. I've seen them out of spots weighing nothing. If it is a good looking healthy yearling then momma is in trouble.

In the edge of a peanut field this afternoon. Hoping to catch them coming out to feed.
IMG_3441.jpg

Back
Top Bottom