• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9/23 Hunt

1695468365605751431361057128421.jpg

waiting patiently

Just had 2 shooter bucks inside 30 yards. My range finder fell and made some noise as I got drawn back and shifted to move into position to make the shot. Needless to say they spooked. They never blew, but knew something wasn't right. I'm gonna finish the sit here this morning and lay off this spot for a few days.

Freaking range finder^^^^….that sucks man.
Get ‘em next time.

Gorgeous morning, one blew at me on my walk in.
Came back under my ladder in super stealth mode 10 min before first light…man he was quiet.
At 0800 had a batchelor group blend in with the squirrels….took me a few to realize deer were in the mix behind my ladder.
Finally one showed itself.
There were three more behind it and I was twisting my neck like a freaking owl trying to look at the other ones while the first one winded me and was bobbing it’s head up
And down at me while I was trying to scope the other ones to see their antlers.
It was frustrating to say the least when the fatigue of holding a full size Excalibur while trying to move side to side super slow while
Scoping deer in different locations with a sniffy little 8 point bobbing its head up and down at you.
I finally rested it on my lap once I realized they were not shooters and Mr. Bobblehead lowered his head to eat acorns.

Freaking range finder^^^^….that sucks man.
Get ‘em next time.

Gorgeous morning, one blew at me on my walk in.
Came back under my ladder in super stealth mode 10 min before first light…man he was quiet.
At 0800 had a batchelor group blend in with the squirrels….took me a few to realize deer were in the mix behind my ladder.
Finally one showed itself.
There were three more behind it and I was twisting my neck like a freaking owl trying to look at the other ones while the first one winded me and was bobbing it’s head up
And down at me while I was trying to scope the other ones to see their antlers.
It was frustrating to say the least when the fatigue of holding a full size Excalibur while trying to move side to side super slow while
Scoping deer in different locations with a sniffy little 8 point bobbing its head up and down at you.
I finally rested it on my lap once I realized they were not shooters and Mr. Bobblehead lowered his head to eat acorns.
Sad part is I had used it earlier and thought it was all the way in my pocket. Would've been my biggest buck ever too. I'd say one was 120 inches and the other around 110 inches. I'm hoping that spot isn't too boogered up. All they did was trot off into some tall weeds. They never blew and didn't go barreling out of there. Just a good steady trot.

Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom