9/24 hunting update

Allsmiles

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
166   0
Reaction score
I went down for an evening hunt today. Sat in the light rain the entire time. Saw 2 little does around 6:45pm. If you put them both together and put a brick around their necks, they might have weighed 100 pounds combined. Bigger one was so skinny that I could see every rib. Smaller one had just lost its spots and still had a summer coat color. They both got a pass today and maybe will fatten up by next year.

Sitting in the light rain with waterproof hunting suit is still better than being at work.

Sat from 1:30 till the bottom fell out at 6:30. Saw 15. Only 1 was a buck, a little 6. The rest were does and fawns. The only 2 to come into bow range were fawns. They got a pass. It was a heck of a day to be out there.

My favorite part of hunting:
Early in the morning and right when the light starts to show. You can actually HEAR the woods coming alive.

There is truly nothing better. IMHO

I've got some time off work (all week next week) from a mistake a trainee make while he was working with me and I didn't catch it. I will hit the woods some and see what I can find. It will be like a vacation of sorts I guess. Either way I will get some rest, things done around the house and some woods therapy time. Looking forward to the woods time.

Back
Top Bottom