• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$99 NFA Trusts - NFAlawyers.com

To all of my fellow ODT members,

We are implementing a price reduction to $99 on all gun trusts. This service includes the following:

- Secure gun trust sent to your email within 1 business day.
- Technical support. You may call me on my cell any time with questions 770-900-9175. I will walk you through eForms or paper forms.
- Detailed instructions.
- Frequently asked questions.
- Free amendments. I will provide you will all forms to add/remove co-trustees and beneficiaries, address changes.
- You can use this trust for as many NFA weapons, firearms, or as much firearm-related property as you like.

My personal regards,
H. Dean Phillips
www.NFAlawyers.com

These 'gun trusts' are all new to me. I think I understand why one would want one for NFA weapons which I don't anticipate owning, but what are the advantages for having one for ordinary weapons? I might need one an just don't know it. Thanks, mtnsmith.

I can't think of any advantage of a gun trust for non-NFA weapons, unless some future gun control law restricted them similarly to what NFA weapons are now, or just banned them but with an exception that current "owners" could keep them. A trust could then own guns for decades beyond the lifetimes of the trust Grantor /Settlor, and the gun could be shared among many people.

I can't think of any advantage of a gun trust for non-NFA weapons, unless some future gun control law restricted them similarly to what NFA weapons are now, or just banned them but with an exception that current "owners" could keep them. A trust could then own guns for decades beyond the lifetimes of the trust Grantor /Settlor, and the gun could be shared among many people.

Wealth transfer.

These 'gun trusts' are all new to me. I think I understand why one would want one for NFA weapons which I don't anticipate owning, but what are the advantages for having one for ordinary weapons? I might need one an just don't know it. Thanks, mtnsmith.

Hey,

The way I have my trust set up, you can specifically devise each and every firearm, should you choose to. What this means is, you can bequest your Les Baer Concept II to your son, your Daniel Defense Mk18 to your nephew, your Beretta M92 to your niece, and the remaining property to your wife. That's just an example.

Another benefit of a trust is the trust property does not go through probate court upon your death. This keeps your firearm collection out of probate court, subject to becoming public record, should there be a dispute with your estate.

Firearms within a trust could potentially provide an additional layer of protection. This is a "could" because I do not have crystal ball. Trust law is state law. The Feds would not only have to enact gun control, but also, interrupt state law. Such a feat would create an onslaught of litigation.

The first point made is the strongest. My trust lets you easily specify where each and every piece of property goes when you pass away. Having an attorney draft this into a will would be cost prohibitive. It's up to you whether a trust is worth the money.

Hey,

The way I have my trust set up, you can specifically devise each and every firearm, should you choose to. What this means is, you can bequest your Les Baer Concept II to your son, your Daniel Defense Mk18 to your nephew, your Beretta M92 to your niece, and the remaining property to your wife. That's just an example.

Another benefit of a trust is the trust property does not go through probate court upon your death. This keeps your firearm collection out of probate court, subject to becoming public record, should there be a dispute with your estate.

Firearms within a trust could potentially provide an additional layer of protection. This is a "could" because I do not have crystal ball. Trust law is state law. The Feds would not only have to enact gun control, but also, interrupt state law. Such a feat would create an onslaught of litigation.

The first point made is the strongest. My trust lets you easily specify where each and every piece of property goes when you pass away. Having an attorney draft this into a will would be cost prohibitive. It's up to you whether a trust is worth the money.

Thanks, this is what i wanted to know and probably will get one set up a little later when I figure out where to send stuff and what to do with some of it.

Thanks again, mtnsmith

Back
Top Bottom