9mm comp guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you plan on going with a Shadow 2 and really plan on competing seriously with it (1000 to 2000 rounds a month is not uncommon for guys that shoot USPSA or IDPA seriously) then you’ll want to have some extra parts on hand for breakages. Shadow 2s are great guns but I’d take what you have currently to a match and shoot production or limited minor until you get to A class. Once you become a competent shooter then you can decide if you’d like to invest in a competition gun. One of the best shooters in the world shot a Canik with a dot on it in Carry Optics and took third overall at nationals. Some of the best shooters in Georgia shoot close to stock Glocks and they roll guys with much more expensive guns.

If you plan on going with a Shadow 2 and really plan on competing seriously with it (1000 to 2000 rounds a month is not uncommon for guys that shoot USPSA or IDPA seriously) then you’ll want to have some extra parts on hand for breakages. Shadow 2s are great guns but I’d take what you have currently to a match and shoot production or limited minor until you get to A class. Once you become a competent shooter then you can decide if you’d like to invest in a competition gun. One of the best shooters in the world shot a Canik with a dot on it in Carry Optics and took third overall at nationals. Some of the best shooters in Georgia shoot close to stock Glocks and they roll guys with much more expensive guns.

Good point on the spare parts, I’ll keep that in mind. I’ve shot various competitions on and off for about a decade now, so not that worried about my competency. For me it’s not about placing well, it’s about improving the human aspect. I carry for fun, but I also carry for a living, so these skills transfer directly to my everyday life. I don’t knock what anyone chooses to shoot, and I’m sure just about everyone makes a capable firearm, but I’m mainly looking for the ones that consistently place top of their class (for a reason).

all depends on what division you want to shoot.

DING! DING! DING! Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner! All depends on what YOU wanna' do with the Gun--Bullseye being different from USPSA being different from Steel Challenge, etc.

Define your "Playing Field" and we can better help you...

Good point on the spare parts, I’ll keep that in mind. I’ve shot various competitions on and off for about a decade now, so not that worried about my competency. For me it’s not about placing well, it’s about improving the human aspect. I carry for fun, but I also carry for a living, so these skills transfer directly to my everyday life. I don’t knock what anyone chooses to shoot, and I’m sure just about everyone makes a capable firearm, but I’m mainly looking for the ones that consistently place top of their class (for a reason).
If I were shooting to improve the shooter and so that the skills transfer to my everyday life I would compete with my carry gun or something really close.

all the ones you posted finish at the top nationally.
Ben Stoeger-Tanfo stock 2
Mason Lane- Sig X5
Hwansik Kim-Walther Q5 SF
Tyler Turner-Glock 34
Nils Jonasson-Canik TP9sfx
Sal Luna-Shadow 2

If I were shooting to improve the shooter and so that the skills transfer to my everyday life I would compete with my carry gun or something really close.

Thanks for reading my post looking for recommendations for a 9mm comp gun. I’m not looking for advice on how to continue to shoot the same carry gun I’ve been shooting. But seriously go have fun with a LCP or the like next time you hit the range for a few hundred, thousand rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom