• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm No Bueno!!

inkdaddy

Coast Guard Icon Supporter
Graduate, ODT class of 2010!!
165   0
Reaction score
ARGGGGGHHHH One of these little devil's got by me and into my press. What a job getting this piece of ****e out of my sizing die!!!!!!!!!!! MAXXTech in 9mm....
20180323_115936.jpg
20180323_115959.jpg

Wow, I did not know that any 9 x 19 mm case had such an internal difference, with an extra thick body forvthe lower 2/3 and an internal shoulder .

Are they reloadable at all even if you have special dies or procedures ?
I'm pretty sure the Rock Chucker single-stage press that I used to use would have the leverage to resize that case.

As I understand it, there are two types. 1) brass ;2) metal. They look alike and are both gold and shinny. The metal ones you can pick up with a magnet and toss. The brass can be reloaded using 115 gr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the extra part an insert or part of the entire case? It looks like it may be an insert put in prior to full factory completion of the manufacturing process. I have not seen one before.

Wow, I did not know that any 9 x 19 mm case had such an internal difference, with an extra thick body forvthe lower 2/3 and an internal shoulder .

Are they reloadable at all even if you have special dies or procedures ?
I'm pretty sure the Rock Chucker single-stage press that I used to use would have the leverage to resize that case.

If you got a full powder load inside and seated a bullet, it could be kaboom time.

Back
Top Bottom