• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9MM Question for you reloaders

Tite group for me...... but that’s only because I got a killer deal back in 2018 for 50lbs of it (that’s a lot of 9mm). Power pistol is my all time favorite though.

231/HP38 are the same thing, and that's a good powder for all the major pistol calibers. Been using it for over 25 years.

HOWEVER, depending on what you are doing, you may want something else, for a specific function. Got a compensated gun? You'll want a slower burning powder that has more mass, because powder mass is what works the comp. Suppressor? You may want a fast powder with a small charge. You want light recoil for fast recovery, and low noise? 700X. Makes a 9mm sound like a .22 with a 5" barrel and a heavy bullet, and a small charge of powder.

And so on. Basically, if it's out of stock, it's a good choice. : )

Like Varget.

Titewad came out after I was set in my ways. Probably what I would use today.

Cheap is good, I didn't mind the cracks about my wadcutters getting stuck in the target, or the shot in my skeet loads rolling out of the barrel.
I do like Titewad for low velocity 200 gr 45 acp lead swc.

I use 231, I have used titegroup and it works well - 231 burns a little cleaner at the hotter end of the load range. I also prefer 124gn bullets as the cycle better than 115 (primarily 1911 styled guns) (Glock or a Beretta92 being the exception - they eat anything!!) I have worked up some hot defensive loads with gold dots 124gn and blue dot powder - clean and fast!!

I use 231, I have used titegroup and it works well - 231 burns a little cleaner at the hotter end of the load range. I also prefer 124gn bullets as the cycle better than 115 (primarily 1911 styled guns) (Glock or a Beretta92 being the exception - they eat anything!!) I have worked up some hot defensive loads with gold dots 124gn and blue dot powder - clean and fast!!

I haven't reloaded lately but I believe Clays was marketed as a cheaper alternative to Red Dot

I thought I had replied to this post. I don't see it. I have only used titegroup to load 9mm. I don't so it because I think it's best it's just what I started with and have been pleased. I have a 124 recipe and a 150 recipe.

Back
Top Bottom