• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm vs 380

I have decapped some .380 with a 9mm die but the 9mm die will not resize the correctly. The bullet seating die will seat it but it will not crimp it correctly. I am not sure it the flaring die will even flare the .380 case enough to accept the bullet. Best choice is to get a set of .380 dies.

You know, I think that this question comes up about once every three months on every single gun forum.
EVERY reloading manual, which every reloader should have, will show the case drawing and you can determine for yourself if the cases are dimensionally similar enough.

You know, I think that this question comes up about once every three months on every single gun forum.
EVERY reloading manual, which every reloader should have, will show the case drawing and you can determine for yourself if the cases are dimensionally similar enough.

You may be right ...
... Wish I had a nickel for every ".... thinking about getting into reloading" post on here ....
ALL with just about the same answers as posted in the forum's header ....

BTW: I don't know about the rest of you but I tried .380 in a PPK (as a potential CCW) and found that my Kahr in 9mm
had less "snap" and much more of a "push" in terms of recoil ... This, in the 9 mm Luger which is a much more powerful, prevalent, and inexpensive round to obtain, reload, and shoot ... just my experience, yours may be different!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom