• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9x39

Spare me the google search, ODT. Why is 9x39 better than .300 BO?

I want to have the terminology correct when I troll bro-vets and range ninjas.

Its more of a niche thing. I'm gonna run it in a Groza so that's why I bought it. I don't particularly like 300 blk out. 1. the subsonic rounds of 300 blk kinda suck. 2. the super rounds of blk also kinda suck. It's a bunch of compromises all stuck together.

I wouldn't go out of my way to make a 9x39 gun either unless you want to do it for niche historical reason. Hence the groza.
9x39 are around 250 grain projectiles while most 300 are 220. No supersonic 9x39 exist that I know of.

It's all coolness factor. All three calibers suck 9x39, 300 blk and 8.6 blk.

Its more of a niche thing. I'm gonna run it in a Groza so that's why I bought it. I don't particularly like 300 blk out. 1. the subsonic rounds of 300 blk kinda suck. 2. the super rounds of blk also kinda suck. It's a bunch of compromises all stuck together.

I wouldn't go out of my way to make a 9x39 gun either unless you want to do it for niche historical reason. Hence the groza.
9x39 are around 250 grain projectiles while most 300 are 220. No supersonic 9x39 exist that I know of.

It's all coolness factor. All three calibers suck 9x39, 300 blk and 8.6 blk.
Now you of all people don’t need to go hurting my feelings lolol

Evidently the 9x39 can do damage to Steele plates. I read that somewhere several years ago. That was also a type not allowed to be made and imported. Military and special police only. The vs Vintorez rifle with integral suppressor that was built around the round has a very basic monocore design for the can. The barrel is ported so as to slow the projectile even more, but pictures of that suppressor just look noisy.

Bolt gun would be a neat idea? Maybe…

Evidently the 9x39 can do damage to Steele plates. I read that somewhere several years ago. That was also a type not allowed to be made and imported. Military and special police only. The vs Vintorez rifle with integral suppressor that was built around the round has a very basic monocore design for the can. The barrel is ported so as to slow the projectile even more, but pictures of that suppressor just look noisy.

Bolt gun would be a neat idea? Maybe…
That's not a bad idea. I've got a spare 9x39 barrel. Could probably take a 7.62x39 bolt gun and change the barrel out and get it to run. Of course it'll need a integral suppressor. Hmmmm I need a bit more time in the day.

Back
Top Bottom