• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A failed attempt to have a rational discussion of gun values

Can you tell everyone else here on the ODT that's selling them with Tapco stocks in them for $500? Or Tapco stocks and a Simmons or Leapers scope for $750? Those rifles don't even have original mag or a bayonet......
The Mosins done up the same way are even worse.

All this liberalism is making the room spin. This is America if you don't like the price then don't buy it. If it's what you want than who gives a ****. My time is more valuable than saving $20 here and $50 there scouring adds and driving to remote places. My joy comes from the ownership of the gun, not the tireless pursuit of saving a buck.
I'll give you another example, when I order a Jack Daniels at the craphole bar it's $5 and when I go out with the wife to a nice place it's $12. So what, I chose to have what I wanted when I wanted it, end of story.

All this liberalism is making the room spin. This is America if you don't like the price then don't buy it. If it's what you want than who gives a ****. My time is more valuable than saving $20 here and $50 there scouring adds and driving to remote places. My joy comes from the ownership of the gun, not the tireless pursuit of saving a buck.
I'll give you another example, when I order a Jack Daniels at the craphole bar it's $5 and when I go out with the wife to a nice place it's $12. So what, I chose to have what I wanted when I wanted it, end of story.

I have a real nice, lightly used bottle of Jack. At least 10 shots left in it. Deal of the day for you only. $99.
You can sneak it in your wife's restaurant and save $2 a shot.

I have a real nice, lightly used bottle of Jack. At least 10 shots left in it. Deal of the day for you only. $99.
You can sneak it in your wife's restaurant and save $2 a shot.
Changed your tune when your selling, I like it!! Your almost there. As tempting as your offer may sound, and I'm crazy enough to do it just to shoot the **** with you while we empty that bottle, your 2hrs from me so that's not going to happen.

http://www.firearmsguide.com/
http://www.bluebookofgunvalues.com/
https://www.usedprice.com/items/guns-and-scopes/
http://www.firearmspriceguide.com/guns/

And I will STILL trade based on what I want. I don't give a damn if I gain or lose money. This isn't a business, it's a hobby. If we get all wrapped up in making money or the deal has to be just such and such, it will no longer be fun.

You and me may be the last of the old school. I've traded where I've "lost money" or "it wasn't in my favor" when the trade involved something i wanted, and my part was something I could live without.

The "has to be in my favor" or "I have to get this out of it" mentality is driving some people to distraction.

If you "have to get this out of it" you might want to revisit your values before you spend the money in the first place.

upload_2017-3-8_15-31-36.png

Do Americans have the right to complain?

Back
Top Bottom