• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A failed attempt to have a rational discussion of gun values

Wow this thread got real....I haven't read it since making my dumb post on the first page adding to the obvious joking nature of the OP. I should have known we would end up here.

Wow this thread got real....I haven't read it since making my dumb post on the first page adding to the obvious joking nature of the OP. I should have known we would end up here.
Pretty typical of all price rant threads isn't it? Do they ever accomplish anything other than bring out the overly sensitive types?
Going back to my safe space now

I believe ODT is an Autonomous Collective. It should be run as a anarcho syndicalism commune, taking turns to act as a sort of executive officer of the week so that all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified in a special bi- weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely pricing but by a 2/3rds. majority in the case of posting a price. Because strange pricing posted is no basis for forcing someone to buy it. Supreme pricing derives from a mandate of the masses not from some farcy idea of value.
Didn't we just have an election to stop that kind of thinking?:becky:

There should be a field on the "Post Thread" form that would require a poster to submit his asking price to the ODT collective price arbiters for approval before a post is submitted to make sure that it is "fair'. This is how we did things under Obama.

That's the concern I had. We are so accustomed to selling/trading guns that hold their value fairly well that we forget how quickly accessories and most other items depreciate a good deal faster.

I'm not doubting really. Just would like to see the link. It would not surprise me if a used accessory was worth half of a new one.

Back
Top Bottom