A few questions...

patracy

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
55   0
Reaction score
So I'm trying to gather some information. Perhaps someone might be able to give me some ideas about these questions:

1. Anyone have any idea how many of the following are registered?
-HK sears or trigger packs in pre-may transferable
-HK pre-may dealer sample trigger pack
-HK MP5 MG in pre-may transferable
-HK MP5 MG in pre-may dealer sample

2. Has anyone heard of a pre-may dealer sample RDIAS? I know there's pre-may M16's out there. A DIAS just is more appealing to me.

Lets clarify some nomenclature here.

Transferable - made (or rewelded) in America and registered before may 86. Or imported and registered before 68. Or registered during the 68 amnesty. Anyone can buy.

Premay dealer sample - imported after 68 and before may 86. Only available to dealers who pay the sot. Dealer may keep if they ever give up sot. No law letter needed.

Post may sample - made or imported after may 86. Available only to dealers with an sot and a demo letter. Must sell or destroy if you ever stop paying sot.

Now to your questions.

Transferable hk trigger packs - a lot are around. Cost 20-25k.
Premay trigger packs - none I've ever heard of. Trigger packs were a way for sots to make semi auto (importable for civilians) hks into Mg's. so no one imported just a trigger pack.
Transferable mp5- none I know of. They would have had to import them pre 68. And I don't think they did. The transferable "mp5s" you see are actually hk94s that were converted. The upper receiver at least.
Mp5 premay samples- they are out there. 8-12k depending on variant.

Never seen a premay rdias. Again, like the hk sear, it was something sots did to convert semis to Mg's back when it was legal. Plenty of transferable ones, and post may ones too. The post mays still require paying the sot and having a demo letter though.
Premay m16s are very rare. I hear they exist but I've never seen one. It would have had to have been exported then imported before 86. Not impossible though.

Think that covers it.

Last edited:
There are some transferable MP-5's out there that are 9mm only registered receivers, either converted SP-89's usually or cut down 94's . The total number question was over on Subguns , It had some rough manufacturers numbers , You may want to ask this over there .

Back
Top Bottom