• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question selling/trading a a form 1 item

What is the notification process to have it removed from their "perfectly legal paid permission registry"? Is there an online process or is it only through

Attachments

• IMG_1272.png
    IMG_1272.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 32
Jwebb929 Jwebb929 That's for that BS they pulled with braces. Is that the same for us suckers that paid the permission tax?
You should go ahead and just mail a letter/call to the ATF branch stating you wish to remove from registry, can cause headache down the road if someone else decided to form 1 receiver

You should go ahead and just mail a letter/call to the ATF branch stating you wish to remove from registry, can cause headache down the road if someone else decided to form 1 receiver
I email yesterday and the responsed saying this. Going to resubmit it today.

Attachments

• IMG_1275.png
    IMG_1275.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 22
I would buy a replacement lower, put it on the gun you want to sell and keep the registered receiver in case you change your mind in the future and decide you want an SBR.

There's SOOOOO much grey area with that particular organization (and I guess with any govt organization). When you take a SBR out of its configuration of a SBR, it's no longer a SBR. You want to travel across state lines without asking permission for your legally owned toy, put a brace on it or change the upper. At that point it's no longer in the registered configuration. The rules clearly state that you can "temporarily" change the configuration, but do not state how long that temporary timeframe is. You can sell that lower as well. The only issue comes into play if/when the individual that purchased your lower tries to register it. They will get denied and a notification that they need to contact the original owner to remove the item from the registry.

There's SOOOOO much grey area with that particular organization (and I guess with any govt organization). When you take a SBR out of its configuration of a SBR, it's no longer a SBR. You want to travel across state lines without asking permission for your legally owned toy, put a brace on it or change the upper. At that point it's no longer in the registered configuration. The rules clearly state that you can "temporarily" change the configuration, but do not state how long that temporary timeframe is. You can sell that lower as well. The only issue comes into play if/when the individual that purchased your lower tries to register it. They will get denied and a notification that they need to contact the original owner to remove the item from the registry.
Clear as mud. Just how they like it

Back
Top Bottom