• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A little different S&W

Looking into it more I think your probably right. I found one post that claimed barrel was SS and receiver nickel. And a few that stated they were nickel plated. Either way cool gun and I am pleased with it. I like the unusual stuff. And the research is part of the fun.

I know very little about the M916A. The finish may be stainless, but it could also be a stain nickel finish, frankly, I don't know. I know they were basic shotguns. S&W did not stay in the shotgun business very long. I don't know why, but it just may have been too much competition in the shotgun market.
It is a cool looking piece, and heck, since it works, keep it!!!

The S&W pumps were supposed to be economy guns compared to other American pumps. Their deficiencies were apparent in any side by side comparison with Remington, Ithaca, Savage. The guns were not made by S&W, they were rebranded.

Some of their semi-autos are decent guns, although parts are nigh to impossible to locate these days.

The gun OP purchased will probably go "bang" every time he pulls the trigger (if he doesn't pull it too many times). Given the vintage, and the state of American gun manufacturing in that period, and that this was a budget shotgun made by a third tier company, I doubt that anyone went to the expense of engineering a SS shotgun.

The S&W pumps were supposed to be economy guns compared to other American pumps. Their deficiencies were apparent in any side by side comparison with Remington, Ithaca, Savage. The guns were not made by S&W, they were rebranded.

Some of their semi-autos are decent guns, although parts are nigh to impossible to locate these days.

The gun OP purchased will probably go "bang" every time he pulls the trigger (if he doesn't pull it too many times). Given the vintage, and the state of American gun manufacturing in that period, and that this was a budget shotgun made by a third tier company, I doubt that anyone went to the expense of engineering a SS shotgun.
And who would this third-tier company B?

And who would this third-tier company B?

Noble Firearms, Haydenville, Mass.

"Third tier" is being generous.

Back
Top Bottom