A Modest Proposal: A Truck Gun May Be Unrealistic

Do you think all the patrol cars you see parked at restaurants everyday don’t have a long gun in them? It’s all about securing them in some fashion to make the smash and grab guy decide to move on to a softer target. Sure even the best security device can be defeated but 9/10 times the lazy crook will move on instead of trying to get it loose and getting caught.

I’ll play Devil’s Advocate for a second. The only “valid” argument against a truck gun is possibility of theft. I’ve never understood how the owner becomes responsible for a firearm that was stolen but wouldn’t be held liable for any other piece of property. Seems like a liberal talking point that gun owners have somehow bought into.
Under what law in Georgia is a person held liable for having a firearm stolen out of their vehicle? How about some links to charges and convictions?

The point is that it's irresponsible to leave high value items in a vehicle what with the huge increase of vehicle specific thefts. Leaving a firearm in a vehicle that is a break in target is even more irresponsible.

It's not a liberal talking point. They want to take away firearms, not get us to secure them where they can't be stolen...

I have a hidden Shockwave in my truck. The intent isn't to use it in a road rage situation, but IF there is a crisis and I have to hoof it home I want that with me instead of just a pistol. I had an extra so who cares.

Back
Top Bottom