• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A question

Bellman2

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
40   0
Reaction score
I often see on here post for "pre ban rifles such as mini 14s, AR15s. Are not the post ban rifles the same type same type? What makes a "pre ban" more valuable than a post ban? Educate me, confused.

I dont think it being "pre-ban" makes it more valuable. What makes it more valuable if its rare, not being imported any longer, or some low production, hard to find item.

Actually, prebans are actually worth a lot more. This is because people in anti gun areas can still own preban guns. Hence they have a higher resale value.

Yeah, wrong.

You cant sell a "pre-ban" AK to a California resident, its gotta meet the state requirements. "Pre-ban" and "Post-ban" are federal rules and federal laws which expired (thank goodness), you still need to meet the state rules.

You cant sell a "Pre-ban" AK to California, NY, NJ, etc, etc, etc. Have you seen the ridiculous requirements for pistol grips in California? Shark Fins? Locked mag releases? Mag restrictions?

So where would you sell your GA "pre-ban" AK?

The answer is you can only sell it in states that are pro-gun, and their rules are such that the pre and post ban stuff is literally the same.

So, no its not worth more. The "ban" was a law that came and went, it expired, its got no bearing on a firearms worth.

Yeah, wrong.

You cant sell a "pre-ban" AK to a California resident, its gotta meet the state requirements. "Pre-ban" and "Post-ban" are federal rules and federal laws which expired (thank goodness), you still need to meet the state rules.

You cant sell a "Pre-ban" AK to California, NY, NJ, etc, etc, etc. Have you seen the ridiculous requirements for pistol grips in California? Shark Fins? Locked mag releases? Mag restrictions?

So where would you sell your GA "pre-ban" AK?

The answer is you can only sell it in states that are pro-gun, and their rules are such that the pre and post ban stuff is literally the same.

So, no its not worth more. The "ban" was a law that came and went, it expired, its got no bearing on a firearms worth.
Negative. Some states have bans that emulated the Federal AWB of '94 BUT they allow the 'import' of weapons defined as 'banned' if manufactured before 1994. I know. I've sold and shipped them into those states. Some are closing the "grandfathered" loophole now.

Can't speak to rifles, but I have a pre ban HK USP that came with 13rd mags from the factory. The post ban ones came with 10rd mags. So I may have a little added value with higher capacity mags. Of course you can now buy Hi cap mags again so I'm not sure it makes any difference.

Back
Top Bottom