• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Rainy Tuesday Morning Commute: Shout-Outs

OH...and I'll add another shout-out, but it doesn't just apply to this morning's commute.

To the truck drivers who drive the Atlanta Road/Marietta Boulevard corridor between 285 and Inman Yard: Contrary to what you seem to think, you assholes do not own this road. Quit blocking up the right lane just south of 285 while you try to get into the Pilot Truck Stop. Quit running side-by-side all the way down the road when neither of you can do more than 35 mph. In fact, unless you are turning left in the next block - stay out of the left lane completely. If you have to back across the road to get into one of the businesses along this road - WAIT UNTIL THERE IS NOTHING COMING. You don't have the right to block up 4 lanes of traffic while you maneuver. And quit parking your truck in a traffic lane while you run into the business to see what dock you need to access. The rest of us are trying to get to work.

Im not sure what the law is in GA, but hazard lights are supposed to be used when the car is stationary and disabled for some reason. In bad visibility if you encounter flashing hazard lights you are forced to decide whether the car ahead is moving, parked, or crashed.

This! if you are a hazard, then get off the road.

If people use these while moving, how do you recognize a stationary hazard? (in time)

I'll start the rant about this morning's rainy commute and the moronic drivers I encountered on my way to the office.

To the Alabama asshole in the black Lexus GS300 with dealer plates on Macland Road: Please find I-20 east, get on the highway and go back to Alabama. Once you are there, stay there. The people of West Cobb do not need you to drive 35 in the left lane of a posted 55-mph 4-lane road during a rainy morning commute. Especially given that you wait until the last minute to change lanes to make a right hand turn. You are an idiot and are not welcome here in Cobb County.

And to everyone else who abandons all common sense and normal driving practices at the first drop of rain: Talk to your company about telecommuting on rainy days. The rest of us who do not have the luxury of staying home but can drive normally in inclement weather would appreciate you not being on the roads making an already difficult commute nearly impossible. You are a danger to yourself and everyone else who must share a paved surface with you...so just stay home and let us handle it.

And to the special people who can't seem to figure out how to turn on the headlights of your vehicle when it is raining: Put a For Sale sign on your car. Hell, put a FS ad on here. Take out a listing on Craigslist, eBay, AutoTrader, etc. But whatever you do...do not get on the road when it rains since you lack the mental competency to safely operate your vehicle. Especially you rich morons who own Mercedes but can't figure out how to operate the headlight switch on your $60K+ car.

That's all I have...what else you got?

Do you feel better?

I hope so.

Have a nice day.

This! if you are a hazard, then get off the road.

If people use these while moving, how do you recognize a stationary hazard? (in time)

I think the problem is that people use the lights because the driving conditions are hazardous, when the purpose of the flashers is to indicate that the vehicle itself is a hazard.

Back
Top Bottom