• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Tale of Two Crush Washers, or Two Crush Washers One Barrel, and other AR oddities

Brand new, factory S&W M&P-15. They forget/failed to install a takedown pin detent spring, so the takedown pin kept falling out.

When I went to disassemble it to correct the issue, I found the most clocked receiver extension that I have ever seen.

IMG_1291.jpeg

Brand new, factory S&W M&P-15. They forget/failed to install a takedown pin detent spring, so the takedown pin kept falling out.

When I went to disassemble it to correct the issue, I found the most clocked receiver extension that I have ever seen.

View attachment 6893926

Shep can you explain this one? I don’t see it. Is the receiver warped?

Shep can you explain this one? I don’t see it. Is the receiver warped?

When the castle nut was tightened, it caused the receiver to clock, or turn with the castle nut. If this forced isn’t counteracted when installing, you’ll end up with a stock the is not inline with the receiver. This can cause issues with the stock seating in the pocket of your shoulder.

The tool that I invented is the green one in the pic. It is specifically designed to keep the receiver/receiver extension/stock in perfect alignment when torquing the castle nut.

Back
Top Bottom