• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A visit with Mr. Greenjeans

shotgun 01

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
Well, I had an interesting phone call this afternoon. Almost didn't answer the call, since I didn't recognize the number, but figured I could mess with a telemarketer. The voice on the other end identified himself as our local game warden. He asked me to confirm my identity, and then proceeds to question me about my killing of a doe last week. He asked me if I recorded the kill? Yep, I sure did. He tells me there is no record of it. I tell him I received a confirmation. In fact, I received one for each deer I killed. Now he's really excited, cause he can't find either one. He wants me to give him the confirmation numbers that I have written on my harvest record. When I told him that it was at my farm, cause that's where I hunt, he proceeds to tell me that I should have that on me. Oh, and the law requires that you don't move the carcass before filling out the paper tag. Blah blah blah.
After a lengthy conversation, he tells me that I need to get the numbers and send them to him. Finally, I found one of the confirmation emails on my home computer. With that, he was able to find the other one. I guess he was disappointed that he couldn't find anything to write a ticket for. I told him to come by the farm anytime he wants, as we are totally law abiding.

I guess this early in the season he doesn't have much else to do, but good grief. That was 15 wasted minutes of my life. Anybody else experienced a "random" check like that?

What these two said^

I’ve only ran into one and that was in person. I’ve never had one call anybody. My cousin got an unexpected visit at his house one time.

I've only seen one game warden in the wild. We were shooting birds last year and he came strolling up. Super nice guy. Cut up with my son as it was his first hunt. Wrote me a warning for not have a HIP endorsement and getting it once he informed me.

Back
Top Bottom